Red Wine for Redwoods
2200' Cabernet Blend Package
- Napa Valley is home to the easternmost edge of coastal redwood trees in the country.
- Redwoods are the tallest trees in the world, growing 300’ or more.
- Almost as old as the dinosaurs, redwoods have been around for 240 million years.
- Redwoods live for thousands of years, though only 5% of old growth forests remain.
- Redwoods are climate change heroes, pulling and holding at least three times more carbon in the air than other trees.
- Entire ecosystems live in their branches, including ferns, moss, and lichen, supporting insects, birds, small mammals, and amphibians.
- Redwoods are exceedingly resistant to fire and its effects.
Napa Valley Fires and Beyond
Napa Valley and its neighbors are unfortunately no strangers to wildfires. Beginning in 2015 we have experienced a major fire event here in wine country almost every year, that trend finally taking a break in 2021 (though many areas in CA and beyond were not as fortunate). Mainly due to climate change, west coast wildfires appear to be the “new normal,” consuming almost 150,000 acres in and around Napa County in the last six years. In 2020, smoke from the Lightning Complex Fire destroyed our entire grape crop and the Glass Fire burnt about 30% of our forestland. We were some of the lucky ones.
Your purchase/gift will plant a coastal Sequoia redwood tree in Napa Valley in your name. Your redwood tree will not only help fight climate change, it will help transform burn scars into lush green forests to be appreciated by humans and nature’s beautiful creatures for generations to come. Cheers to that!
Unique gift that helps the environment